Tuesday, July 7, 2009

From a happy new mom....

"Dear Shelly,
I want to personally thank Heart to Heart for bringing my daughter Mila into my life and especially for being so supportive of single mothers adopting! During the adoption, I had the most amazing adoption family coordinator, Megan, who stuck by me and provided support throughout the whole process. During my wait, there were a few situations that came up that were just not a good fit for me and my family. Rather than getting frustrated, Megan was hugely supportive and knew….as she kept saying that “there was a baby out there for me.” There was! That baby is my sweet, active, adorable Mila. She couldn’t be a more perfect fit for me and I love her beyond measure! Every day I wake up, see her smiling face in her crib and say to myself “I can’t believe I get to be her momma!” Thanks also to Debi who was there for me during the really hectic and emotional travel/placement part of the adoption. I want other single moms out there to know that adoption is possible and Heart to Heart is very supportive of single moms adopting. We have started a single moms adoption group in our area which has been really nice and our babies are all growing up together as part of a loving, supportive, extended family."

---Leanne (Mila's mom!)

1 comment:

  1. Leanne,
    Congrats on your sweet little baby. She's lucky to have you. We are hoping to adopt a baby girl through Heart to Heart, and I am curious how long you waited for sweet little Mila. Email me if you are comfortable. Best of luck to you and your baby girl!
    -Karen
    mike_karen_josh@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete