Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Hi Donna...

I just wanted to take a quick second and tell you what a wonderful person Rachel is.
Rachel has truly been an amazing social worker through this adoption process. Even though Lord knows John and I had our ups and downs through the whole process and been through a few birthmoms. I honestly started to think we may never bring a baby home with H2H. Rachel never gave up on us, though, and kept her promise to us that she would find us a baby girl.

We thank God for Alexa every day, and for Rachel being so tenacious and diligent in making it possible. Rachel has become more than a social worker to me - I see her as a true friend. In the past couple months I have text her more than my own best friends - or husband! She always answers my calls/texts and lets me know she's on top of things. She's amazing!


Also, Megan, Lisa, and Julie S. need to be recognized for a job well done as I have spent so much time on the phone with them - especially Megan!


You have a great team and I just wanted to let you know and hopefully you will share this with them at your Wednesday meeting.
Yours truly,
Tameka"
(an adoptive mother)

2 comments:

  1. We are too working hand and hand with Rachel, and we are forever grateful for the hard work she is putting forth for our family. Just recently she has given up her vacation to Alaska just to be by our side when our daughther is born. She a an outstanding lady and yes she is also a great friend. Heart To Heart is very lucking to have someone as kind and considerate on thier team.. I know that we are forever grateful that our paths have crossed! We are meeting her for the first time on the 19th of August, and I hope than to tell her personally how much she has impacted our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a huge fan of Rachel! We have had a tough road during our adoption journey but she has been by our side through the whole thing. We have shared tears, laughter, and peanut butter cups! She is committed to completing our forever family and I will forever be grateful to her. My heart is full of love when I think of Rachel.

    ReplyDelete